Often said to be the curry spice that should be in every pantry; Vadouvan is a French influenced Southern Indian masala curry spice. Vadouvan is a warm and sweet aromatic spice that will deliver comforting flavors in every bite. Use Vadouvan to make stewed curries, such as Butter Chicken, as a dry rub or make a paste for seasoning any meat, seafood, alternative protein or vegetables. It can be used in grilling, roasting, stewing, sautéing and flavoring soups.
Unlike most curries, Vadouvan won't make it to the back corner of your spice rack. You'll be looking for ways to use the Vadouvan more often.
Vadouvan French Masala Curry - 2.5 oz
Grilling, roasting, stewing, sautéing and flavoring soups. Direct heat or indirect heat grilling for smaller cuts of meat, fish and seafood such as shrimp or scallops.
Our Favorite uses:
- Chicken: Butter Chicken
- Beef: Grilled ribeye steak rubbed with Vadouvan French Masala Curry
- Pork: Pan seared pork tenderloin seasoned with Vadouvan French Masala Curry and finished with a mushroom cream sauce
- Lamb: Lamb curry with golden raisins
- Fish: Braised snapper in Vadouvan coconut broth with chilies
- Seafood: Grilled shrimp with Vadouvan paste and garlic butter
- French Fries: Season French fries or tator tots right out of the fryer or oven
- Vegetables: Roasted cauliflower with Vadouvan